ElysianX
Register Today for all of the important new & announcements of ElysianX!
ElysianX
Register Today for all of the important new & announcements of ElysianX!
ElysianX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElysianX

Welcome, This is ElysianX Runescape Private server forums!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Play now  

Upgraded Laptop RAM

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Braeden
Ingame Moderator
Ingame Moderator
Braeden

Upgraded Laptop RAM Empty
PostSubject: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:30 pm

My Laptop was just a decent laptop to play games on and stuff. Decent video card and pretty low RAM for gaming but good for school purposes. I decided to figure out how to upgrade my laptop and found I could add more RAM for under $100. I initially had 3GB RAM channeling from one 1GB and a 2GB.

Anyways I went from 3GB of RAM to 8GB and my computer has never been this fast before!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BraedenRS
Skillingm8
Banned
Banned
Skillingm8

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:30 am

How did you get this upgrade? I need this for my laptop LOL.
Back to top Go down
Braeden
Ingame Moderator
Ingame Moderator
Braeden

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:06 am

Depending on your laptop you should have like a panel and screws going into it. If you have multiple panels you might just have to use trial and error. Most laptops have dual channels for RAM and you'll notice its kinda stair like stacked. Easier to google it probably what it looks like for your computer. Most laptops need SODIMM RAM cards which can range from $30-$160 depending on value of RAM. You'll also want to look up the capacity of your RAM, like how much the max RAM you can use, because if you don't and buy something that is over your Max is will be useless. You'll also want to pair your RAM so don't buy like a 2GB RAM stick and a 4GB RAM stick you'll want either two 2GB or two 4GB.

Before I got into anymore detail on really how to install the RAM and what not just let me know if you are serious about this. It could be pretty lengthy.

I spent $71.00 on two 4GB RAM Sticks from Best Buy.
Back to top Go down
Skillingm8
Banned
Banned
Skillingm8

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:55 am

Omg, didn't know it was that much work... :\ Might do sometime later in life lol.
Back to top Go down
Braeden
Ingame Moderator
Ingame Moderator
Braeden

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:16 am

It took me literally five minutes to actually install the RAM. It is actually buying the right RAM.

This is what I used and you can get it pretty cheap if you buy it used from Amazon. I'd suggest just buying it new though because PNY gives you lifetime warranty. This should be compatible with all Windows and Mac Laptops.
PNY - Optima 2-Pack 4GB (8GB Total) PC3-10666 DDR3 SoDIMM Laptop Memory Kit

If you were to copy and Paste your computer name and all its specs and whatnot I could tell you that exact one you would need but this overall is the one that will work for you. If your computer can use 8GB's of RAM.
Back to top Go down
Elysian
Owner
Owner
Elysian

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Wow your computer will be fast now(: 8gb of ram is more then enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elysianxrsps.com
Skillingm8
Banned
Banned
Skillingm8

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:24 am

Elysian wrote:
Wow your computer will be fast now(: 8gb of ram is more then enough.

My brother uses 8GB on his Laptop because it's a really nice one that came with that* much and can have nearly 3-5 minecrafts open without lagging lol...

Last edited by Skillingm8 on Wed May 15, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Braeden
Ingame Moderator
Ingame Moderator
Braeden

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:50 am

He must have a really good Video card and processor too.

I have a decent Video Card and Processor but it could be better. With Laptops, unless its like AlienWare or something you can't upgrade those without being like an engineer.

RAM is only part of what you need. My computer is really fast but can't handle multiple MineCrafts because of my Video Card.

He must also have like a Quad Core Processor too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgraded Laptop RAM   Upgraded Laptop RAM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgraded Laptop RAM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ElysianX  :: General Discussion :: Real life-
Jump to: